Nigerian law schools are the school which are meant strictly for law students, it should be noted that you have to meet up the requirements before you will be admitted into this law school.
The Nigerian Law School is an institution of higher learning founded by the Nigerian government to provide professional training to aspiring legal practitioners in Nigeria, as well as providing legal education to foreign lawyers.
Top 6 Best Nigerian Law Schools In 2019 And Address.
Abuja Law School Campus.
- Address: Nigerian Law School, Bwari, P.M.B 170, Garki, Abuja
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +234 9068057726
Yola Campus Law School Campus.
- Wuro Hausa, Yola, Nigeria
Kano Law School Campus.
- Nigerian Law School, Kano Campus
- Jos Road, Kano
- PMB 3568
Lagos Law School Campus.
Ozumba Mbadiwe Street, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12610, Lagos, Nigeria.
- +234(1) 8105305
Enugu Law School Campus.
- Agbani, Enugu State, Nigeria
Bayelsa Law School Campus.
- The south-south campus of the Nigerian Law School Yenagoa is a sprawling site located at Agudama-Epie in the outskirts of Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
Nigerian Law Schools Requirements For Undergraduates 2019
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for admission to the Nigerian Law School;
- Law Degree Certificate: A law degree or mixed degree in law is required for aspiring candidates to the Nigerian Law School.
2. The applicant should meet the qualification requirement and it is very important that only students from common law countries are acceptable for admission to the NLS.
3. Your academic transcript is another major requirement: you need a qualifying degree transcript that displays all the courses offered in your respective institution from beginning to end and their grades.
After all the above requirements have been duly met, candidates become eligible for admission,
Courses In Nigerian Law Schools
CORPORATE LAW PRACTICE
The courses are divided into the following aspects:
- Choice of business and non-business organization & formations
- foreign participation
- Promotion of enterprises
- preliminary contracts
- Matters before the beginning of the business change of Memo & Articles of Companies
- Incorporated Trustee
- Registration of companies
- Corporate Governance & Administration
PROPERTY LEGAL PRACTICE
- Laws governing property transactions
- Principles of authority
- Basics of an Act
- Registration of titles
- approval results
- Rent in leases
- Transfer of leasing
- Wills take
- Instructions and drafting of wills
- Letters of the administration
- Processing of stands.
- Arrests & searches
- Preliminary investigations and police interviews
- Institution of criminal proceedings
- Presence of the defendant
- Complaint and witnesses
- Protection measures to ensure a fair trial
- Duties of the court and of the court
- Trials and presentation of evidence and advocacy
- Concluding addresses
- Judgment and sentence
The courses organized under this class are as follows:
- Preparation before civil war
- Courts with civil jurisdiction
- Application of applications
- third method
- Interpleader Proceedings
- Mareva Injunction
- Anton Piller Injunction
- Preliminary investigations
- Preparation for the exam
- The course of the exam
- Trial Advocacy
- Election petition
Can Foreigners Be Admitted Into The Nigerian Law Schools
To be admitted into the Nigerian Law School’s Bar 1 program (Bar 1 is obligatory for all foreign graduates), the applicant must have a ‘ Qualifying Degree Certificate ‘ that means a degree in law or a mixed degree in law from a university in a common law country whose study course is approved by the Legal Education Council.
In all cases, the Law subjects taken must include the Law of Contract, the Law of Tort, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, the Law of Evidence, and Commercial Law. Each of these subjects must have been studied and passed as a separate subject.’
The common law system is the system of jurisprudence that is based on the doctrine of judicial precedent, the principle under which the lower courts must follow the decisions of the higher courts.
Credit to youtube videos
The common law legal system originated in England, that is why it is generally referred to as the English common law.
Most of the nations that have been under British empire imperial rule in the past have common law systems, because that is the legal system that has been used in those countries to provide justice.
The nigerian law schools are just few but i believ they deliver what the country needs and represents us both here and abroad.